Friday, March 05, 2004

citi_bank EMAIL_ Veerification .

This is an actual email I received the other day. Subject line (here, the title to this post), spelling, grammar, and punctuation unchanged, in no small part because I really don't know where to begin.

=======

DEAR Citibank-Online Clients,

_This letter was sent_ by t_he _Citibank_ sevrer to
veerify _your_ e-mail adderss_.
You mustt clmpeote this pceosrs by clicking on_the link
_below_ and enttering in the little _window your Citibank_
ATM/Debit full card_nummber and PIN_ that you use in_the Atm machine.
This_is done - for Your poetcrtion -i- becaurse some of our
membres no lngeor have acsecs to their email adssdrees
and we must verify it.

[link deleted for everyone's protection]

To veerify _your EMAIL adderss and acces your citi_bank
account, click on the_link below_.

[and another one deleted]

=======

I don't think I'll send them my Citibank information. Not least, because I don't have any Citibank accounts. But I'd be willing to issue a quitclaim deed to the Brooklyn Bridge to anyone who'd fall for this email.

No comments: