Sunday, June 27, 2004

Where *do* they come from?

One of the benefits that the freebie tracking program (which tells me the number of hits I get, when I get them, the domains they come from, that sort of thing) does is that it will tell me the page that a viewer comes from to get to my blog. Most of the time, that's from a search engine results page; the rest of the time, from a link in a blogroll or comment or another blog.

Here are some of the more entertaining searches that people have used to get to this blog:
stoner movies of the 1970's - during my little-known acting period, I guess.
john mcenroe girlfriends 1984 - I would be hard-pressed to care less about this than I currently do
"george will" and "stoner" - What are two phrases rarely heard in the same sentence?
patricia kluge sex - Okay, now I'd rather be interested in Johnny Mac's girlfriends.
I want to see Tatum O Neal put on her perfume - And that makes one of us.
funny stoner quotes - They're all funny, thank you very much.
dirty pretty things explalined [sic] - From the guy who made the Patricia Kluge request, perhaps?
tolkien "full text" "return of the king" - Oh, just go to the bookstore, would you?
is $20 piece double eagle gold remake real - As opposed to imaginary? Yes.
Pricing of permanent tatoos [sic] in Richmond, Virginia
cats constantly meowing
sea monkeys and revenue
Movie plot – retired marine cuts off finger
cat car song "rest stop"

A fair number of wine-related requests:
pat paulsen wine bottle labels
grape stomping clip downloads
stores massachusetts cakebread wine
"wine in a box" high quality "red wine"
winery construction powerpoint presentation
theory on wine festivals
Cardinal point cabernet price
virginia wine cellar installers
torturer naked wires


And other single-minded hobby pursuit requests (in addition to the ones already mentioned):
"hot Lips houlihan" nude picture
Paraminder Nagra nude photographs
- some would call her "Parminder", but who am I to argue with Google?
keira knightly nude free no membership
naked foosball california
- No further explanation necessary.

I've also learned a fair amount about constructing good web searches, from seeing the unexpected results of these searches. But that's for another day, if ever.

No comments: