Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Bleeding into a bag.

I went out this afternoon and did one of the few things I appear to have a talent for: giving blood. A marvelous way to feel good about drinking orange juice and eating cookies.

They threw me for a bit of a loop when I showed up at the main donation center, though: a sign on the door said that the donation center had moved - across the street and up about half a block - although the main business offices were remaining in the building. Did they mention this in any of the phone calls I'd gotten over the past three weeks, pleading with me to come in and donate? Or on the website? Well, no. That might have been convenient to the donator.

Oh, well. My community service requirement is met for the next 8 weeks. And the best part is that I shouldn't get any more of those phone calls until August.

No comments: