Tuesday, February 10, 2004

That's "MISTER Observant" to you.

This afternoon while I was out doing errands, I decided to wander by my polling place to see if there were a line of voters or people from another campaign, and if so, I'd stop and get out my Kerry sign and greet voters as they arrived. And to no great surprise, neither was the case.

Turning out of the school driveway, though, I noticed an official "state polling place HERE" sign by the driveway to a church across the street - and sure enough, another precinct had its polls right across from my precinct's polls. What are the odds that two precincts would have their polling places on the edge of their districts, and that they'd be across the street? High enough, apparently.

But this surely isn't the first time the other precinct has voted there, which means that not only did I fail to notice that polling location this morning, but I've missed it the other two times I've voted at my precinct.

I guess there's a reason why I'm not a detective.

No comments: