Monday, June 13, 2005


Mia, Drama Queen of All She Surveys.

"If you don't get rid of those Alien Cats right this very instant, I shall surely die!!"

And she's made it clear that she'll make sure to take care of me before she goes.

This morning around 5:30, the kittens were awake in the bedroom next door, and were loudly enjoying themselves. Running around, knocking things over, mewing, playing with their various jingle toys, and what sounded like moving furniture. Loud enough that it woke Mia up. Mia decided that if she had to be awake, then it was high time that I woke up, too, so she did so in classic passive-aggressive style: without doing anything to directly wake me up (such as jumping onto my chest, meowing in my ear, or batting at my eyelashes, all things that previous cats have been known to do), she walked up and down the length of the bed, and started jumping down to the floor and back up on the bed, right next to my head so that it would bounce as she landed. Down to the floor again, and back up. Down to my feet, swishing her tail to hit me (you know, by accident), and back up to my head.

Then she looks at my eyes and "discovers" that they're open. "Since you're awake anyway, why don't you get up and feed me? And get those things next door to shut up, while you're at it."

If Mia's not happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy.

No comments: