Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Not since bleakfast.

Didn’t we just have one of these? Election Day rolls around again. This one was for five bond issues and a meals tax referendum. And based on how much I heard about them, there must not be any controversy about them.

Nice day for an election, too. Chilly, windy, and rainy. (45 degrees, gusts up to 45 mph, and too much, respectively. And snow, later in the day, although it didn’t stick.) I stopped off at the polling place on my way in to work. A couple of voters were leaving as I arrived, and there were no other voters inside while I was there. Someone else showed up as I was leaving. Perhaps only one-tenth as many people had voted by 9:00 as had voted in the general election last November, although probably 4 times as many people had voted as had voted by the same time in the Democratic primary last February. So I had plenty of time to punch the butterfly ballot carefully and make sure there were no hanging chads.

Well, no matter what the result is, it’ll have to be a better result than last November.

No comments: