Friday, March 18, 2005

The early bird eats a worm.

Of late, I’ve been trying to do something that does not come naturally to me: get up early. Not for any good reason, other than I’m trying to get more hours in at the contract attorney job (and thereby get paid for more hours), and since they kick everyone out at 7 p.m., the only way to get in more hours is to show up earlier.

So the plan for this morning was that I’d get up real early, shower and dress and whatnot, and have a quick session at the computer, catching up on email and checking various news sites. And then I’d be out of the house and on the road by 8:15, getting me to work an hour earlier than I’ve been able to do at any time in the past three weeks.

Didn’t quite succeed.

What was the first sign I wasn’t going leave the house by 8:15? When I looked over at my clock-radio and read that it was already 8:25.

Oh, well. At least I was well-rested when I got to my soul-deadening job.

No comments: