Wednesday, May 26, 2004

The Muse is on vacation.

Whereas I, alas, am not.

Haven't been able to post much over the past week. I've been doing some part-time editorial consulting for the legal publisher I used to work full-time for, and was doing some work that had a serious deadline crunch: enough of a crunch that I put in some 35 hours between Friday and Sunday. Met the deadline, of course, but in doing so, I've messed up my sleep cycle something fierce. Last night, for instance, I slept just fine between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m., and between 6:30 and 10:30 this morning. Between 2 and 6:30? Not so much.

And since the editing I was doing last week was on actual paper, instead of computer files, I spread the papers out on the dining room table to work. The cat was pleased, as the dining room is her current favorite place to sleep, so she didn't have all that far to go to demand snacks whenever she woke up from her naps.

No comments: