Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The yellow peril.

Or, possibly, the yellow-green peril. Yes, it's springtime again, and that means that my car, normally silver, is covered with greenish yellowish pollen to an extent that it looks green. As do all the other cars in my neighborhood, and the normally blacktop streets. It is kind of fun, though, to be able to where small animals have crossed my driveway overnight, as you can see their pawprints in the pollen.

And the coming of spring heralds the beginning of my cat's spring fever: she wanders around the house, meowing plaintively. For what, I can't really tell. When I follow her, she doesn't go into the kitchen and stop (the usual "feed me" sign) or hop up on her box next to the refrigerator ("give me cheese"); she wanders by but doesn't stop at the screen door to the deck, where she can sniff the outdoors (so it would appear that she doesn't want to go out); and she doesn't want to be picked up and held (not surprising, with her long, black fur, the last thing she'd want would be to cuddle for warmth - unlike her winter behavior). And instead of sleeping at or on my feet, she's taken to sleeping sprawled out on the floor, presumably where it's cooler.

No comments: