Thursday, April 15, 2004

Spin the Wheel! Pick a Vice-President!

The Washington Post is making it easy for you to pretend that you are advising Senator Kerry to pick a running mate. Pick up to five characteristics (Southerner, woman, name recognition, good fundraiser, etc.), and it will score a list of 25 or so people who have been suggested as possible running mates. My guess for the vice-presidential nod - the other Senator from Florida, Bill Nelson - often comes out near the top when I put in my ideal characteristics, as does my back-up guess, N. Mex. Governor Bill Richardson. (Yes, I know: validation of my guess and $1.25 gets me coffee at the McDonald's of my choice, tax and transportation not included.)

Well, it's got to be at least as good a process as one that ends up with Spiro Agnew or Dan Quayle.

No comments: