Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Cat antics.

You'd think that Mia would be happy to be home again, where there aren't lots of other people or cats to bother with. And her first night back, she was fine. Last night, though? Different story.

She usually treats "lights-out" as the invitation to jump up onto the bed and zonk out for the night. Not so last night: she decided that was her cue to noisily stalk, wrestle with, and subdue every piece of paper on the second floor of the house. When she was done an hour later, she decided it was time to sleep. So she jumped up onto the bed - landing directly on my right eye. Allow me to assure you, that does a really good job of waking one up. And when I couldn't get my right eyelid open for a couple of seconds, I was afraid I'd been blinded. Took a while to get back to sleep. (Well, for me, at any rate. Mia was sound asleep within a minute, of course.)

No comments: