Thursday, December 18, 2003

Return of the King, pt. 4.

Briefly - with a longer report to follow - I've now been to see it. Whoof, is it long! And I think I agree with many of the reviews: it's very good, I'd have included a couple of scenes from the book that were left out, and there were a couple of places where I'd have trimmed scenes somewhat (mainly in the battle sequences and the end-of-the-movie farewell scenes). I wish he'd considered putting the Saruman scenes in, and then added an intermission.

Academy award nomination? Sure, especially if that's honoring the package of three movies. Winning the Oscar? Maybe. Will I go see it again? Maybe - I could be talked into it, but I won't be going to see it again the same day, as I did with that other "Return of the ..." final movie of a trilogy.

But all in all, pretty good. And after 45 minutes away from the theater, the feeling is starting to return to my butt. Not necessarily a good thing, I suppose.

No comments: