Saturday, August 27, 2005

Mia, 1992 - 2005.


Sad to report, Mia passed away last night. She was 13, old but not elderly in cat terms, but had heart problems which finally caught up to her.

I got Mia about 3 years ago, from the friend of someone I worked with. At the time, Mia's name was "Precious" which she wasn't going to keep for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I've read The Lord of the Rings. But then she named herself, as for the first three months she was Missing In Action in the house, hiding under furniture to stay away from the evil person who had kidnapped her from her mother. After that three months, she realized that perhaps I wasn't so bad after all, and maybe I'd feed her something other than dry food if she'd come out on occasion, so she started sleeping in my lap as I watched TV, and on my bed at night.

A very sweet and loyal kitty; I'll miss her. And in her honor, I'll have salmon for dinner tonight.

No comments: