Sunday, August 14, 2005

Gas-X.


It's good to see that George Bush is doing to the domestic economy what he's already done for peace in the Middle East.

Gas prices at my favorite local gas station went up 15 cents literally overnight. (And yes, I do know what "literally" means. $2.58 per gallon yesterday, and $2.73 today.) That caps off a 35-cent increase over the past week.

About 20 months ago, I purchased my first-ever $30 fill-up. A week ago, I had my first $40 fill-up. Same car, same capacity gas tank. And at the rate gas went up last week? Next weekend, I'll be able to have a $50 fill-up. And I can hardly wait to see what heating oil prices will be for next winter.

But you know how we can tell that the economy is doing well? Oil companies are making record profits; a reasonable return for their investment in the Sock-Puppet-in-Chief.

No comments: