Saturday, September 20, 2003

It's a hard rain ... gonna fall - B. Dylan.

Isabel has come and gone, leaving destruction and powerlessness in her wake. Not unlike other relationships I've had.

Power went out around 5 p.m. Thursday afternoon, and there's no telling when it'll come back. I'm hoping it'll be by Monday, but given that the main street near my house doesn't have power yet, I'm not expecting anything sooner. (Thus, no TV and no computer, either.) Water was out for about 24 hours - it's back, and they're telling people to boil it before drinking any. I guess I'm supposed to use my grill for that.

No trees came down in my yard, unlike my neighbors' experience. Trees down in roads, so it's difficult to get through the maze to get out to main roads. A tree came down on my power lines, so that's why I won't be getting electricity back soon. Neat when it happened - the sparks looked like fireworks.

No comments: