Friday, June 27, 2003

Mia.

Mia - the cat - has come up with yet another odd facet to her nighttime behavior. I've been having trouble sleeping lately - almost every night for the past week, I've been awake for a two-hour block sometime between 2 and 5:30. Doesn't matter what I did the day before, doesn't matter what time I go to bed. Wide awake. I've learned that trying to get back to sleep doesn't work, so I've taken to going downstairs to get on the computer. Night before last I did that, and about a half hour later, the cat showed up at the top of the stairs, meowing loudly at me. She didn't want company (she wasn't willing to come down the steps and sleep next to the computer), she didn't want to be fed -- she was yelling at me to turn off the damn computer and come back to bed. She was nagging me like a fishwife. (And, henpecked as I am, I went to bed about 15 minutes later.)

No comments: